Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7 at 2000's Photokina!!!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:16:12 -0500

At 02:47 PM 9/13/99 +0200, Bert wrote:
>I agree, why do you think Leica is putting so much effort in the Leica M
>lens range?
>A lot of new M lens designs have seen the light lately. It's awfully quiet
>in the R lens corner when it comes to new designs...

Timing, it was the M's turn after a bunch of new lenses for the R. There
have been some new R lenses of late. Some zooms, including the 70-180 2.8
and 105-280 4.2 and the 35-70  2.8, and the 180 Apo Elmarit. Hey, what do
you mean quiet in the R lens corner. They've been doing pretty good! They
just need some moderate wide angle lenses updated, and they'll have a full
stable of current state of the art glass that will give any line a run or
the money in terms of image quality. In the end, the most important aspect
of a photographic instrument.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.