Subject: Re: [Leica] ....M vs R's...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:44:37 -0500

At 10:00 PM 9/14/99 +0800, claire wrote:
>I own an R7 and wondering what's the value of investing in an M6. and
>whwether  its an option worth pursuing ..... I also own an OM-4Ti and U can
>imagine the size/load difference....

If you shoot a lot of very dark situations,with fast wide lenses, then the
M6 is a camera to use. I use both R and M cameras. That is the idea for me.
If I were to sell my R cameras and buy Nikon, I'd still keep my M cameras
for when I want a light camera that can go with me anywhere, or when I need
a fast lens in low light. But for more general photography, I prefer an
SLR, because partly I'm sure that's what I've always used. But the more
precise composition that's possible with an SLR is important to me.

They are complementary tools, not mutually exclusive.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Diplomacy: Say nice doggie until you find a *BIG* stick