Subject: Re: [Leica] Hairdresser? baby carriages?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:04:00 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 11:12 PM 9/13/1999 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >And again keeping the sun off your head can save your life
> >my hairdresser last year balled me out for having a overly tanned (spotted)
> >hairline. She says her clients are dropping like flies. Claims to be Imogene
> >Cunningham's niece and is quite believable about it. And looks like her.
><Snip>
>
> Second, a HAIRDRESSER?  a HAIRDRESSER?  Probably in a "unisex styling
> salon" of some sort, complete with some dude with a French accent selling
><Snip>

The term: hairdresser did stick in the craw. In defense of the very earthy Sarah
she does not look or act like a hairdresser. Most have a trendy mid length high
maintenance colored and sprayed hairstyle like they want their clients to wear.
Sarah has LONG not apparently product infused hair. And when she grew up all the
conversation was about the tidepools.
This is the trendiest of areas, no barbershops. As I pulled in after driving
3,500 miles in a truck on the Lewis and Clark trail last May I was really put
off it.
The baby carriages appear to be a titanium graphite resin conglomerate with at
least 18 wheels. I would be expecting a track like in an armored Tank. Which is
good because they obliviously push these carts into the street in the middle of
intersections. They apparently feel their babies are so adorable no car would
dare not see them and hit them. I'm sure the term Yuppie was coined here.
Mark Rabiner