Subject: Re: [Leica] Hello Leica group!
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:36:54 EDT

I saw Paul just the other day. He's got a Focomat Ic that I've got my eye on
. . .

In a message dated 9/14/99 7:32:03 AM, ewelch@ponyexpress.net writes:

<<Bob,

Welcome to the addiction. ;-)

As a fellow Missourian, and graduate of 'ol Mizzou, I'm glad to see you
here. I am still here in Missouri, may be for some time. There is a slight
possibility I might be working soon in Jefferson City, for my Friend, Paul
Childress. If I can help you learn about Leica, I'll be glad to do it. I
see all of your photo essays (at least to date I have) in Rural Missouri
because the photo desk at the News-Press gets copies. I'm no longer working
for them so I guess I might have to get my own subscription now.

The main thing to remember with an M camera is that it takes SLR users some
time to get used to it. It took me a year to get comfortable with my M6.
But now it is indispensable for documentary style work, like you do for
your publication. And you might find it will take some time to find a used
24 Elmarit ASPH. They're relatively new and seem to endear themselves to
their owners, but who knows? Good luck finding one.

If I get down towards Jeff. City to visit Paul Childress, I'll give you a
shout.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO