Subject: Re: [Leica] bags
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:26:36 -0700

>I am an Oregonian and a big fan of adding foam to parts of my camera bags. I
>drove by the foam store today. But some of that stuff will give off fumes
>which will rot your gear.

Closed cell insulating foam (such as used in sleeping pads) will not
absorb moisture and most types will not give off fumes. Easy to buy an
inexpensive sleeping pad in camping good stores ... that's 1/4-1/2" sheet
for very little money. I've been padding miscellaneous bags with it for
30 years. None of it has ever rotted.

Godfrey