Subject: [Leica] Ideal bag
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:46:43 +0100

I've used the same bag for 12 years -- a Tenba black nylon satchel. I saw
the latest version of the same thing (much nicer) in a shop 2 days ago for
an astonishingly low price. The great thing about these bags is that they
don't look anything like camera bags, though that is what they are.

This bag will happily carry two M bodies (or two SLR bodies), two wide
angles, a Vivitar 283, Quantum 1, telephoto, lightmeter, 10 or so rolls of
film, flash bounce thingies, grey card and all your bits and bobs. I have
used it many times to get into places where I am not supposed to photograph.

But I also agree with the 'no bag' principle... a fanny pack will carry most
everything you need if you hang the camera round your neck and put the
quantum on your belt and the sekonic in your pocket.

Perhaps the most bizarre thing I have ever used as a camera bag is my
underwear...I can't remember now where I was trying to get in, but I had the
M body under my shirt and a lens in my underpants, and assembled the whole
thing in the bathroom once I got in.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"Writers, like teeth, are divided into incisors and grinders" - Bagehot