Subject: [Leica] Re: manners
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:10:09 -0700

I agree. A private message is just that, intended only for the recipient.
However there are those who will publish a private e-mail to reinforce an
agreeable opinion and those who will publish it to embarrass the sender. The
latter is usually the case with vindictive individuals. I have been the
victim of both.

Perhaps this is the most appropriate occasion to come to the defense of
Paul Schiemer and respond, albeit belatedly to an unnecessarily vituperative
public response to my private email from the same individual of whom Paul
spoke.

There are some individuals (very few fortunately) who think nothing of
attacking others for their opinion or a misstatement. One or two individuals
are particularly offensive in their diatribes. I can only surmise that they
imperious stance is due to a sense of superiority and condescendence toward
others as lowly plebes to be verbally flagellated.

I suppose that owning a Leica, or two, or a whole collection is no indicia
of civility.

Joseph Codispoti