Subject: Re: [Leica] Do you have a name?
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:21:53 +1000

- --------------4BFD0F78ED6D8CB2541E9871

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> Mr Schmidt:
>
> Since I was just corrected in another thread for not following the Leica
> secret handshake and signing my name, I will respond.

You don't get it, do you? That's just it. The idea is not, get it: not,  to have a
secret hand shake .

> I am happy to sign my
> name when I remember to do it -- I'm not hiding anything -- but how do you
> know I'm who I say I am? Am I REALLY Bob McEowen? Or am I really Joe Schmo
> masqurading as Bob McEowen? I'd say if the person's comments sound reasonable
> and have a ring of truth to them what does it matter? If it's a legitimate
> question who cares who wrote it? I've just been reading this group for a
> couple of days and I'm getting the distinct impression the things that people
> say about Leica users are true?
>
> Joe Schmo (or is it Bob McEowen)

  Well, if some of you lot are to ignorant to realize what common courtesy means,
so be it.

Maybe I am the stupid one, who can not see what's wrong with signing ones own
name.

Horst Schmidt  (Guaranteed my real name)

- --------------4BFD0F78ED6D8CB2541E9871

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Mr Schmidt:

<P>Since I was just corrected in another thread for not following the Leica
<BR>secret handshake and signing my name, I will respond.</BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't get it, do you? That's just it. The idea is <B>not,</B> get it:
<B>not,&nbsp;</B> to have a secret hand shake .&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I am happy to sign my
<BR>name when I remember to do it -- I'm not hiding anything -- but how
do you
<BR>know I'm who I say I am? Am I REALLY Bob McEowen? Or am I really Joe
Schmo
<BR>masqurading as Bob McEowen? I'd say if the person's comments sound
reasonable
<BR>and have a ring of truth to them what does it matter? If it's a legitimate
<BR>question who cares who wrote it? I've just been reading this group
for a
<BR>couple of days and I'm getting the distinct impression the things that
people
<BR>say about Leica users are true?

<P>Joe Schmo (or is it Bob McEowen)
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; Well, if some of you lot are to ignorant to realize what common
courtesy means, so be it.

<P>Maybe I am the stupid one, who can not see what's wrong with signing
ones own name.

<P>Horst Schmidt&nbsp; (Guaranteed my real name)</HTML>

- --------------4BFD0F78ED6D8CB2541E9871--