Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V11 #76
From: "Robert L Jones" <rjones4@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:36:27 -0700

Deborah Dion wrote:

> Could some of you more experienced M users recommend a small light-meter to
> have in my camera bag with M6- 28mm, 50mm and 90mm lenses? I found on a
> recent trip to the Adirondacks that I could have used it for some difficult
> late afternoon glaring sun situations.

Deborah, I prefer the Sekonic 408: it offers incident, flash (plus
cumulative), and spot-meter reading all in a smaller, but also water
resistant package, than the 508. I've used Sekonic meters for many years and
have found them to absolutely reliable and sturdy. If you don't need the
spot-meter capabilities, then I would get the model 308B II. (See
http://www.sekonic.com/Products/prodinfo.html for their various models.)

- -R Jones