Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 'cron or 'lux
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:11:23 -0400

Gruppe:

Dear Constant Readers- I turn to you for... [pregnant pause]...advice! I am
at an impasse, and I am hoping that I can get some feedback to help me break
the mental logjam.

I am negotiating for an M6 with a 50 Summilux. Beautiful with pristine glass
( Previuos owner used a Uv filter ALL the time!). Now, I have both a 50
Summicron, also black, and with pristine glass, and a chrome Summarit in
like new condition ( Sherry CLA'd it, and it doesn't have cleaning marks on
it!). Should I try to keep all three?
Would I be remiss in selling the Summicron, and is theSummilux image
'comparable' at f2 to the 'cron?

Is the Summarit superflous with a Summilux? I like the images it makes-
pretty good, and I can see why people call it the 'poor man's Summilux as it
is fast. It has good bokeh, though! I admit it! Here again, would I be
remiss in selling it?

I think it a bit 'piggish' having three 50's like this ( Heck, I have the 50
Elmar and Summar, with adapters, so I have plenty of potential with 50mm
lenses!) and think I should trim the stable, but I can't decide which! Have
any of you been caught on the horns of this particular dilemma?

I hate being flame bait, but I do respect the groups' experience and
expertise and I thought that you folks might make my decision less painful
since I am sure some of you, like me, are not into collecting, and keep a
trim kit for your M stuff! My hope is one of you had the same thoughts, and
I'd like to know! So I risk asking!

Dan ( actually serious, for a change!)

- - Soggy but intact... in the wake of Floyd. Still keeping the chain saw in
the back of the wagon, though!