Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens hoods for 35 f2
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:37:32 -0500

David,
The 12585 will work for all 35 and 50 lenses with an exterior diameter of
42mm.  That means that it will work for the two versions of the 35 Summaron and
all versions of the 35 Summicron up to the versions supplied with a hood.  It
might even work on the pre-ASPH 35 Summicron but I haven't tried it.

This hood can be stored in reverse on 50 Summicrons w/o built-in hoods so you
should make sure the one you buy comes with a plastic cap that fits over the
reversed hood.   I keep a 50 Summicron on my M3 with this hood always attached
in reverse when it's stored.

Early versions of this hood have 5 lenses engraved on it, later ones have six
(35 f/2.0 was added).  They are otherwise the same hood.

I've used this hood for decades on both 35 and 50 Leica lenses and it does it's
intended job perfectly.

Regards,
Bud Cook