Subject: [Leica] CL versus M6
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:24:41 -0000

From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org> wrote:

>a CL with M6 metering, an improved take-up spool, more quality
control, fit, and finish would be an M6!

In terms of specification perhaps, but not in terms of performance.
This week while I was working at a trade show, the shutter of my CL
failed - the first time a Leica has let me down on assignment in the
20-odd years I've been a journalist. I switched to the M6, only to
have dreadful problems with rangefinder flare for the rest of my
picture-taking. That wretched M6 finder/rangefinder is very prone to
flare if there are bright light sources around (such as spotlights on
an exhibition stand). I've never had this problem with the CL or M2.

Regards,

Doug Richardson