Subject: Re: [Leica] QA/QC
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:41:48 +0200

From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 1999 22:48
Subject: [Leica] QA/QC

> You say you are an engineer.  Does the company you work
> for NEVER make a mistake?

That depends on what you call a mistake.  I'm talking about defects, not
mistakes.  My company occasionally sells products that contain defects, but only
through lack of quality control and quality assurance.  We set our price points
low, and we have to have things to market in short order, so the defect rate is
significant.  However, if our prices were comparable to those of Leica, and if
our rate of change was comparable to that of Leica, we could and presumably
would produce essentially defect-free products.

> Does no bad product squeak through your QA/QC system?  Of course
> it happens:  it happens to every company.

Okay.  So what sort of failure rate are we talking about in the case of Leica?
How many new M6 TTL bodies have defective meters?

  -- Anthony