Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Weight versus Size
From: "Art Sala" <artsala@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:33:11 -0700

Simon:

You must be joking :-).  You still will not find a smaller 35mmf1.4 lens
(save the previous 35 Summilux), and compared to the R35.f1.4, the latest M
version is positively compact.  If you feel the lens is too big, perhaps
you should opt for the Summicron, that is, if size and weight is more
important than speed.

Cheers,
Arturo

Simon wrote:
(snip)
  If there is one flaw in the current development of the M it has to be the
increasing size of the
lenses.  The 35 Summilux Asph is a fantastic lens, and one that I always
use when I am sure that I will need its wide open performance, but I hardly
ever feel like taking it with me when the photography is going to be more
opportunistic and unplanned - it's just too big.