Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #85
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:45:48 +0100

> Lucky for you her husband wasn't there (she obviously DID NOT want you to
> photograph her kid) - . . .you'd may have found out how your f***ing Leica
> tastes as well as feels!
>
> Candid grab street shots are challanging and can be rewarding. But if
> someone clearly protests, continuing to shoot is a viscious invasion of
> privacy, in my opinion.

She wasn't protesting, she was putting her hand over her kid's face. This
hid the face, in case that's hard for you to understand.

If people ask me to stop, I stop. Until then, I shoot. Afterwards, the woman
in question asked me what I was doing and I told her.

You can photograph what you like in a public place.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The unfinished is nothing" - Frederick Amiel