Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Ask?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:52:09 -0700

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:42:23 -0700, Mark Rabiner
> <mrabiner@concentric.net> wrote:
>
> >If people are going to have paranoid delusions of our motivations and
> >unreasonable expectations of privacy that is not our as serious photographers problem.
>
> It can be our problem if they decide to act on those delusions -
> either at the time through physical violence, or later through lawyers
> (civilized violence...)
>
> I think it behooves us all to be polite to the public - after all,
> they're our source of images.  If you piss someone off and later I try
> to take his picture and he breaks my nose, I will factor you into my
> negative feelings...
>
> Paul Chefurka

Legally and morally we have the right to go out and be photographers and capture
reality without having to get into incredibly insulting discussions as to our
moral motivations. I think serial killers get more respect than the average
photographer. We are not shrinking heads we are taking pictures.
Mark Rabiner