Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Ask?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:12:48 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 04:20

> Telling an irate John Q Public "F off, I've got a
> perfect right to shoot pics of your little girl and
> I sure don't need your permission cause I'm one of
> the good guys" is not only hard on your karma it
> can stress out your HMO.

Must all interactions end in violence?

> We should all do what we can to reclaim the moral
> high ground in the public's mind.  The porn artists
> and paparazzi have left us with a bit of a hill to climb.

Actually, it's the news media that have created the hill.  Porn artists have
never been that prone to take pictures of strangers fully dressed in public, and
paparazzi do not photograph ordinary people by definition.  The problem is that
the media have created the impression that both of these things regularly take
place, and that anyone with anything other than an Instamatic is scheming to
spread porn on the Web or sell embarrassing pictures to tabloids.

  -- Anthony