Subject: Re: [Leica] Recomemdations for M6 Camera Tripod
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:25:46 +0200

I just bought a Gitzo G0011 tripod. When folded, it is only about 20cm long
and fits even in my smallest bag, a Billingham Alice. When fully extended, it
is about 50cm and is plenty sturdy to carry an M6, even with a Noctilux, or
indeed a Leicaflex. I find it much more useful than a tabletop tripod--the
latter requires a tabletop or some nice flat surface and does not get your
camera very far off the ground.

Nathan

Austin Burbridge wrote:

> Bogen (Manfrotto) tabletop with Manfrotto ballhead.
> Lightweight/plastic tabletops are not strong enough to hold the M6
> upright, on account of its screw-hole being on one side rather than
> in the center.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium