Subject: Re: [Leica] What I did today
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:34:15 +0200

From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 10:43

> I think there is much to be said for assuming 'the
> cloak of...' the tourist, and playing the role sufficiently
> well to wield the camera about with almost naive bemusement!

I dress poorly and have a dopey look about me (some have described my look as
that of an "oversized elf") and so I fit in the tourist mold quite well, even
though I live here.

> Though many might choose to conceal their camera, I prefer
> to wear it on my chest like the typical tourist and be
> right in amonsgt the crowd.

That's what I do as well.

> You mention being photographed a lot in paris, ever been
> snapped by Mnsr Cartier-Bresson?!

How would I know?  I've heard that he is pretty sneaky.  Also, isn't he around
90 years old now?  (He _is_ still alive, right?)

  -- Anthony