Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re:Ask?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:19:09 -0500

At 11:15 AM 9/20/99 -0400, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
>Not surprising so few considered it since, even in America,
>stranger abductions are actually quite rare (who knows that guy may have been
>involved in a custody dispute himself).

Bob, that is a major problem these days. Most abductions seem to be carried
out by non-custodial parents. And as photographers we have an obligation to
respect the wishes of parents in this case. In schools in Oregon, the kids
are required to have a release form signed at the start of the year, just
for this very reason, to allow photographers to know what kid's they
shouldn't shoot because it would put a child in danger. All the rest are
available to photograph. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't mind protecting
kids. At public events, the rule is off. If the kids are there, they're
likely not in danger.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch