Subject: Re: [Leica] was consistent underexposure problem
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:35:24 -0700

>I guess what I don't understand is how the value added by the final
>assembly of susbsets can be so high as to dominate all the assembly that
>took place in Portugal, thereby allowing the "Made in Germany" stamping on
>the camera.

For many products of late I think the only truly well-informed stamping
would be "Made on Planet Earth". The "Made In..." stampings are mostly
legal contrivance now, more important for import/export control and tax
reasons than anything else. Who does the quality inspection and to what
level are all that is important.

Godfrey