Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: clandestine photographs of other people
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:26:34 -0500

At 05:22 PM 9/20/99 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
>other people's children at a playground... what is it that you do with
>these photographs? You cannot publish them, you would neither want to hang
>them on your wall, nor have a slide show. Or would you?

You have to be there. In any given situation, it can be a funny photo.
Elliott Erwitt is an example of the kind of photography we're talking
about. Finding something interesting about life in the simple little things
that happen. I use playgrounds as an example, but I rarely go there. I like
to wander the streets and see what I can see. Well, I say I like to, not
really for work. I'd rather have something to do. But when the boss says,
"Go out and find a weather picture," I go. I find weather pictures,
playground locale if necessary.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity.