Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] clandestine photographs of other people
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:00:22 -0700

> In a message dated 9/21/99 8:37:05 AM,
> Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com writes:
>
> <<The one thing I found makes the biggest difference is if
> you can give people
> a concrete reason for taking the pictures.  A club
> competition counts (and
> is also non-threatening from a publication POV).  Taking
> pictures "just
> because I like to" doesn't cut it.  It's such an unusual activity
> (especially shooting children) that people are sure you must
> have a specific
> reason.  Claiming you don't arouses their suspicions even further.>>
>
> I would think that promising them (and subsequently
> delivering) prints would
> go a long way too . . .
>
> Bob McEowen

Yes indeed, although the advice I got (and agree with) is to let them come
to you for the prints (that's the purpose of the business cards).  That way
they can see where you live, you don't even find out where they live, and
they get to see all the nice pics on the walls (just don't show them the
boxes of prints in the bedroom closet...)

Paul Chefurka