Subject: [Leica] Overflow
From: Martin Howard <mvh@media.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:28:47 -0400 (EDT)

I was without the LUG for a couple of months, between moving from Sweden to
the US and before I could figure out how to filter incoming mail into
separate mailboxes.  Then I resubscribed.

I'm probably being pathetic about waxing nostalgic about the LUG from two
months ago (hypocritical too, just for good measure ;)  but I'm finding that
it's too much noise, too little signal. I will regret not having access to
wonderful messages such as that from Johnny about split developing, Godfrey
on street photography, and Tom's travelogues.  I will have to survive
without Erwin's increasingly elegant, sometimes almost philosophical,
musings on lens design and the balance between engineering, art and craft.

So, I bid you gentlemen and ladies farewell, for the time being at least.
May your Tilley's stay dry, your whiskey smokey and your Leica's well
exercised.

I'm going to take Ted's advice:  GET OUT THERE AND TAKE SOME PICTURES!!

As always, with a smile ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Yeah, I'm pretty outnumbered there,
Visiting Scholar at MIT Media Lab | Dave..., eh, Jay...
email: mvh@media.mit.edu          |  - Bruce Willis (on The Tonight Show)