Subject: Re: [Leica] Anthony ?
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:29:40 -0700

>>> He neglected to mention that he's been banned from the Nikon list. <<

I, for one, am proud that the LUG does not "ban" anyone - and I would not
belong to a list that does.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. The best (and to my
mind, only) way to deal with someone who you personally believe has exceeded
the bounds of good taste or politeness or common respect, is to ignore their
postings. Take things up privately if you must, but if someone's postings
are antagonistic to the point of beggin for a response in kind (and I'm not
referring to anyone in particular here) the most effective and acceptible
method of policing the list on an individual basis is to not post a reply.
Offenders have an awfully quick way of moving on.

As a member of LUG for a couple of years now, I've been very happy to see a
seemingly large number of new names expressing their opinions and asking
questions. Whether these are truly new members or just uncloaked long-time
lurkers doesn't matter, it's just good to see even a minor influx of new
voices. Of course this means that some of the same old topics will come
around again for discussion, but why not? If the price for new blood is that
we discuss skylight filters again or the right to photograph in public, then
so be it. I still have the choice of opting out of any topic I'm not
interested in.

Bryan