Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photo Vultures (didtoday,getalife) [no Leica]
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:54:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 2:31:21 AM, schiemer@magicnet.net writes:

<< Photographer is insistent that his intentions are pure and altruistic; goes
ahead and shoots his pictures, and the photo runs.
Does the mother have grounds to sue the photographer and the paper because
of the pain and suffering she endured (after the fact), and would the
photographer and paper be liable for running the photo without release or
expressed permission? As a matter of fact; many persons heard the mother
tell the photographer she did not want a picture of her boy in the paper (it
would come out in our hypothetical court).

It's an interesting legal point, one that has some bearing on the issue.

I'm not a lawyer (don't even play one on TV) but if I remember my
communications law from journalism school, tough nuggies Mom. It happened in
public view. Get over it!

Bob McEowen