Subject: Re: [Leica] Curtain problem or what? Need your help!
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:11:44 +0400

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> > I normally just check the shutter speeds every year
> > or two ...
>
> Don't you need special equipment to check a shutter accurately?

You can do it yourself (when it rains outside!) by attaching a small
torch to a record player, and take a picture of it at every speed. Since
the speed of the record players is a given at every distance from the
center, you can calculate how long the exposure really was. You being an
engineer, I'm sure you'll figure out the details.

Why don't you do it now! You never know...... Leica might have ripped
you off.

Bernard