Subject: [Leica] Some Advice for Anthony
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:31:30 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BF0507.296E6E10

Anthony--

	One of the main reasons I use Leicas is to take the worry out of
photography.  You have invested in a fine instrument, stop obsessing about
its potential failure.  Your Leica will provide you with the ability to take
images of outstanding optical quality and under conditions which other
cameras will not tolerate or in which other cameras will not be
tolerated...go forth and take advantage of that investment and improve your
pictures, spend a lot of money on film.  Endless whinging about what might
happen will not prevent unforeseen problems.  Yes, Leicas will fail, though
mine never have let me down, however, my advice is to worry about that when
it happens.  If your Leica needs service, it's generally because it has been
heavily used.  That's good, you're taking a lot of pictures, that's exactly
what one should do with a Leica.  Now, to one of your specific questions...

	How do you know if your shutter speeds are okay?  Its in the
pictures, if they're well exposed one of two possibilities obtain; 1) the
shutter speeds are on target, or 2) it doesn't matter.  If your exposures
are not good 1) check the shutter speeds and, if the speeds are within
tolerances, 2) learn how to use your exposure meter.  The same logic, or
illogic if you will, can be applied to almost any matter relating to getting
a good exposure.

	Now go out and celebrate the joy of photography.

		Buzz Hausner

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BF0507.296E6E10

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Some Advice for Anthony</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Anthony--</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>One of the =
main reasons I use Leicas is to take the worry out of =
photography.&nbsp; You have invested in a fine instrument, stop =
obsessing about its potential failure.&nbsp; Your Leica will provide =
you with the ability to take images of outstanding optical quality and =
under conditions which other cameras will not tolerate or in which =
other cameras will not be tolerated...go forth and take advantage of =
that investment and improve your pictures, spend a lot of money on =
film.&nbsp; Endless whinging about what might happen will not prevent =
unforeseen problems.&nbsp; Yes, Leicas will fail, though mine never =
have let me down, however, my advice is to worry about that when it =
happens.&nbsp; If your Leica needs service, it's generally because it =
has been heavily used.&nbsp; That's good, you're taking a lot of =
pictures, that's exactly what one should do with a Leica.&nbsp; Now, to =
one of your specific questions...</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>How do you =
know if your shutter speeds are okay?&nbsp; Its in the pictures, if =
they're well exposed one of two possibilities obtain; 1) the shutter =
speeds are on target, or 2) it doesn't matter.&nbsp; If your exposures =
are not good 1) check the shutter speeds and, if the speeds are within =
tolerances, 2) learn how to use your exposure meter.&nbsp; The same =
logic, or illogic if you will, can be applied to almost any matter =
relating to getting a good exposure.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Now go out =
and celebrate the joy of photography.</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Buzz Hausner</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BF0507.296E6E10--