Subject: Re: [Leica] Expensive Anthony (and others).
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:03:23 +0200

From: Jean-Claude Berger <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 22:59

> No, POP3 doesn't allow that.

Yes, it does.  You can list only the first lines of a message and read the
headers, even in the standard POP3.  Then you can delete the message, if you
wish.  If the server supports XTND, it's even easier.

> So client applications adopt a conservative postion
> by downloading the whole message before discarding it.
> Give it a try.

I just did.  My server supports it.  I can't find any specific option to take
advantage of this in Outlook Express, now that I look, but that's an Outlook
Express problem, not a problem with the protocol.

> BTW Anthony, could you please consult the archives before
> asking questions that have been discussed so often here (holes
> in shutter, what is a CLA, street shooting,...)

I prefer to ask them here.

  -- Anthony