Subject: [Leica] CLA intervals
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:08:53 -0500

I usually have my camera CLA'd (M42) every five years.  So I had it done in
1987,93 and early in 1999.  I have had few problems with my M that way.

Same goes for my mechanical Nikons.  I usually have them gone through every
couple of years or so.  Its really important even with electronic cameras as
the tech can do fine tuning which will optimize the operation of the camera.
The tech can also find things to inspect and or repair before they become a
big and expensive thing.

At work my EOS 1n camera go in every year (with 5 rolls a day banging though
them its a good idea.  Strange as it may seem, my A2e has yet to go in.  I
suppose minutes after I write this something will crap out on the box.
Murphy's law you know.

Another good thing is that you keep a simple word processing file on your
computer with information about your cameras, serial numbers and when you've
had them repaired or cleaned.  I do this and find it easy to keep track of
my multiple body, multiple system camera collection.

Most of all it takes common sense.

gck