Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro/Am(was Nikon 300 2.8 vs Leica SLR lens)
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:48:08 +1000

Alex Hurst wrote:

Snip:

Now come clean, LUGnuts. Apart from pros like Ted et al., are you really
shifting enough film through those very expensive gizmos? And is your real
'Keeper' strike rate any better than mine?

> Alex

Alex, I am happy to get 1 or 2 shots worth while for keeping from a 36 roll of
film.
I had really good days which gave me something like 4 or 5. But this is the
exception to the rule.
Being an amateur like your self, I find the preliminaries before taking a
picture is what I enjoy immensely. The looking for a motif. The thinking what
lens to use and the actual setting up of the camera. Then the feel of the Leica
M in my hand and pressing the shutter release.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Then the waiting to have the film developed and receiving the prints. Then the
slight disappointment, when the picture, you was so sure would be perfect,
didn't turn out the way you envisaged ; and finally the happiness for the one or
two prints worthwhile
to be kept and to be enlarged.  For me that's what its all about.