Subject: provia vs. kodachrome, was RE: [Leica] Leica glass/RDP III
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:52:01 -0400

Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:

> The Provia 100F is sharper, but as to lifespan, not sure.  I
> think the film
> will hold up when we are all gone.

	Is it really? That would be terrific. I was under the impression that one
of the reasons that Kodachrome is as sharp as it is, is the fact that its
layers don't inherently contain dye, and hence there is less diffusion as
light passes through. Of course being one of the older color processes, one
would expect that eventually an improved film will come to market. One
should not make assumptions about the longevity of color processes however,
and rigorous testing ought be made on both claims.

Jonathan Borden