Subject: Re: [Leica] 135/2.8 Tele Elamarit
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:05:56 -0700

I wrote that info as a quick intro, not as a detailed study.

you can get detailed lens information from any of the reference books cited at
the beginning of the page, among others.   the serial number will tell you the
year of manufacture. a great source is the Leica Pocket Book.

with very few exceptions,  the later the lens, the better the performance in
Leica.

it's a fairly safe bet the new 135 APO outperforms the 135/2.8.  in use the
135/2.8 did not prove to be that popular a lens due to its size and weight --
notice it's discontinued.

the goggles increased the magnification and effective rangefinder base length
of your M  so as to increase its focusing accuracy,

If you have to have the extra speed, the last version 135/2.8 is your best
choice

if you want the sharpest  135,  get the new 135 APO.

Stephen