Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro/Am(was Nikon 300 2.8 vs Leica SLR lens)
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:48:32 +0200

From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 00:30
Subject: [Leica] Pro/Am(was Nikon 300 2.8 vs Leica SLR lens)

> Now come clean, LUGnuts. Apart from pros like Ted et
> al., are you really shifting enough film through those
> very expensive gizmos? And is your real 'Keeper' strike
> rate any better than mine?

The limiting factor for me is expense.  Since film and processing are very
expensive, and since I generate no revenue with my photography (except once in a
very great while), it is a considerable drain on the budget.  I tend to
photography digitally a lot more, since it costs nothing.  I can shoot the
equivalent of dozens of rolls a week digitally.  Unfortunately, my digital
cameras obviously cannot compare with my film cameras--not because they are
digital, but because they are consumer point-and-shoot cameras, whereas the film
cameras are professional equipment.  The P&S cameras are not as enjoyable to
use, and they don't provide the same flexibilty or the same quality of the final
result.

> I'd hate to learn that most of you are happy with those
> miserable, maladjusted prints you get back from the lab.

Prints?  I haven't actually had anything made into prints in a long time.  I
just scan film, and digital images are already in digital form.

  -- Anthony