Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Elmarit-M vs 50mm Noctilux
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:15:03 +0200

From: <ryuen@ix.netcom.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 03:11
Subject: [Leica] 21mm Elmarit-M vs 50mm Noctilux

> If someone were to give you a free lens and the choice
> was between the 21mm Elmarit-M or the 50mm Noctilux,
> which would you choose and why?

The Noctilux.  Where do I sign up?

A 21mm lens is so wide that it is not adapted for anything that does _not_
require a wide angle, whereas my current 35mm can serve for multiple purposes.
The Noctilux can also serve multiple purposes, and it has the great advantage of
extending handheld photography well into the evening.  A 35mm Noctilux would be
even better, but either way, I think it would be more useful to me than the
21mm.

  -- Anthony