Subject: [Leica] Touché!
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:06:51 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BF05C4.807090B0

Touch=E9!

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mark Rabiner [mailto:mrabiner@concentric.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 4:44 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Leica] Decisive Moment translated

Perhaps the most vital aspect of "The Decisive Moment" as a concept and =
title is its divine ambiguity.  One should remember that Henri
Cartier-Bresson was among the very early Surrealists (...and surrealism =
is a
widely misinterpreted and misunderstood dogma) and was greatly =
influenced by
the surrealists' dialogues regarding what lay just beyond visible =
reality
and the reality of the conscious mind.  Indeed, there are analogues to
"decisive moment" photography in all media-- painting, writing, cinema, =
et
cetera.

Buzz Hausner

As I recall from the last time around on this the Surrealists did have =
spin on
the idiom as used by HCB. And he new that outsiders would not be in =
touch
with
ins and outs of the whole French surrealists routine. I think he =
thought is
was
funny to be a bit opaque. He's got us all scrambling!
Mark Rabiner

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BF05C4.807090B0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Touch=E9!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Touch=E9!</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Mark Rabiner [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:mrabiner@concentric.net" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">mailto:mrabiner@concentric.net</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 4:44 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: [Leica] Decisive Moment =
translated</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Perhaps the most vital aspect of &quot;The Decisive =
Moment&quot; as a concept and a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>title is its divine ambiguity.&nbsp; One should =
remember that Henri</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cartier-Bresson was among the very early Surrealists =
(...and surrealism is a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>widely misinterpreted and misunderstood dogma) and =
was greatly influenced by</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>the surrealists' dialogues regarding what lay just =
beyond visible reality</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and the reality of the conscious mind.&nbsp; Indeed, =
there are analogues to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;decisive moment&quot; photography in all =
media-- painting, writing, cinema, et</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>cetera.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Buzz Hausner</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As I recall from the last time around on this the =
Surrealists did have a spin on</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>the idiom as used by HCB. And he new that outsiders =
would not be in touch with</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>ins and outs of the whole French surrealists =
routine. I think he thought is was</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>funny to be a bit opaque. He's got us all =
scrambling!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mark Rabiner</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>