Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony's thoughts on photographic art
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:11:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/99 11:50:13 AM,
Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr writes:

<<I like to take photographs; I don't like to read about them.
There are a few names I recognize, but I'm not a great worshiper of other
photographers.  No two photographers are the same, and while I admire the
work of others, that doesn't mean that looking at their work would
necessarily make mine any better.  It's a matter of talent, not imitation.>>

In journalism school we spent a LOT of time looking at pictures. Studying
what others have done well establishes a mark to strive for, a standard if
you will . . .

Bob (no worship but appreciation of other shooters) McEowen