Subject: Re: [Leica] Intermediate aperture settings
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:36:14 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 20:06

> I hate to say this, but do you actually own a Leica?

Yup.

> Have you ever really looked at it?

Yup.  I even took a picture of it (digitally!) to use as wallpaper on my
computer.

> Do you understand how it works?

In general terms, yes.

> The only connection between the lens and the camera
> is the mounting flange for gosh sakes!

So the rangefinder just guesses about the current focus setting?  I'm surprised.

> How could you possibly think that releasing the shutter
> with the lens not on a click-stop would damage anything?

Better safe than sorry.  I could have very logically assumed that the shutter
speed is infinitely variable, but the manual says that this is not so.

  -- Anthony