Subject: [Leica] Experts
From: Alastair Firkin <AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:20:29 +1000

XXXXXXXXX
I really wish people would stick to their area of expertise before
making wild guesses about topics they are not acquainted with.
XXXXXXXX

Erwin,

This is how we all learn. We hear things, absorb them, digest their
relevence to our lives, ask people we admire, reassess the original and
"progress". I hear so much in my life from "experts" who each for their own
reasons disagree with each other. Through this process, this group has
challenged my ideas on equipment and photography and changed the way I
approach both. So far I've been very happy with the results, and even though
I do not always agree with the premise, I do like to make up my own mind
after being given all the contraviews. In particular, I like to weigh up the
users and the testers, and please be aware of how much we all appreciate
your fantastic contributions.
No I'm happy for people to express opinions, some of which I've heard and
"believed" and then listen to others "dissect" it. Its up to us to then
discard the chaff.

cheers

Alastair Firkin