Subject: Re: [Leica] "Best Buy" Leica SLR recommendations, please
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:41:49 +0200

From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 20:57

> Considering they are ahead of everyone else technologically ...

So are all digital cameras.  Have you switched to digital yet?

There's only so much technology in opening a shutter, adjusting an aperture, and
focusing a lens.  It's not rocket science.

> ... and their lenses are in many was as good or better
> than some of Leica's and Nikon's ...

Their lenses are fine.  I just don't care for the rest.

> ... the new long fast glass all have Image Stabilization ...

And just about every great photographer in history has lamented that he could
have done _so_ much better if only he had IS on his lenses.

> Depends on what kind of photography one does.

Indeed.  Sports photographers seem to like Canon, in particular, or at least
that is my impression.

  -- Anthony