Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter state for storage
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

Old advice said to store cameras for extended periods with the shutters
unloaded. By long periods, I mean months or years at a time. That advice
was germaine in the '20s-'50s, before modern spring alloys were invented.
Nowadays, it doesn't make any difference. If a shutter design is so bad
that leaving the shutter cocked would be holding the mainspring near the
deformation threshold such that it would take a set, it would certainly be
on a camera that was worth nothing.

In any case, putting a camera in its case for storage from one day to the
next it would never have made any difference at all.

Godfrey