Subject: RE: [Leica] New Provia, now E100VS and Skintones
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:20:13 -0500

Yes exactly...on the magazine shoot last week in adation to the side by
side of 100vs and velvia on people I did a comparasion of 100sw and
velvia on some pies...ever heard of Mrs Sullivan's pies?  that was who I
was shooting.

Anyway I did both shots using the same lights..the 100sw you could see
detail in the tray the pies were sitting on, a dark tray, along with the
shadow the pies cast on the tray...on the Velvia the trays were black -
no detail or shadow, BUT the highlights in the tin pie tins were much
more punchy and the color of the pecan pies was MUCH more rich...wish I
had of had another roll of 100vs to test on that shot as I think it may
have worked better than the 100sw did.

All in all I like the new Kodak films.

On 9/24/99 7:15 PM Henning J. Wulff wrote:

>That's exactly it. Velvia (and most other Fuji films) have a steep toe,
>which translates to poor shadow separation. On the other hand, they
>generally have a gentle rolloff on the shoulder, which gives very good
>highlight separation.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net