Subject: Re: [Leica] Film suggestions for extremely low light experiments?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:57:48 +0200

From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 1999 03:10

> At 3200 I process it for 6.5 minutes. For 6400 8 minutes,
> and 12,800 for 10 minutes. Give it a try, night scenes
> in Paris is what this film would seem to be made for!

That's what I was thinking.  So the image quality at 3200 is pretty much the
same as 1000 or 1600?  I don't expect grain-free images, but if they look like
they've been sandblasted or if they are overwhelmed by harsh contrasts or
something, I wouldn't be entirely pleased.

> Cartier-Bresson got his stuff processed in Paris,
> I presume.

I've heard the name Picto cited, but I don't know if they are still around.  I
guess I should check.

  -- Anthony