Subject: Re: [Leica] Willi Stein and Adam Wagner
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 07:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from leica: 25-Sep-99 Re: [Leica] Willi Stein and.. Gary
Elshaw@vuw.ac.nz (791*)

> Marc,

> Could you please tell us a little more about Wagner's Leica H? What
> features did it have? I'm assuming it was supposed to supercede the
IIIg

Rogliatti's book, "Leica the First 60 Years," has a photograph and
description of the Leica H camera:

"Another very interesting prototype is the LEICA-H, which was a possible
successor to the G. This was a project, from about 1959, for a
half-frame (18x24) pocket camera with exposure meter, speeds to 1/1000
of a second and an f2.8 lens that has aperture setting on the back of
the camera, near the release button. Amongst the notable features are
the compact size, the streamlined film transport lever and retractable
lens mount and hte under-honged cover that is released with the button
at the bottom of the flap. This camera is completely finished and is
retained by the Leitz family."

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble