Subject: Re: [Leica] What I'd like to see.
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:00:26 +0800

An increasing number of companies are accepting and practicing the
concept of cannibalism: a company must destroy its current product line
through innovation and improvements to create a yet better product
before your lunch can (and will) be eaten by your competitors or the
upcoming new kids on the block. If you don't do the destructive
innovation yourself to create better products, you're toast. And
quickly. Notice I said innovation for the better, not simply destruction
of what's working. A product can _always_ be made better, and the
company that continues to think it's got it all figured out is history.
Sitting on a successful past is death. Marginally improving your
products in a slow, methodical manner will leave you in the dust in the
new millennium. The rules for success have changed, especially
accelerating over the past year or so with the speed and intensity of
innovation and knowledge provided to everyone via the Internet.

Jim Nelon