Subject: Re: [Leica] Film suggestions for extremely low light experiments?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 06:12:58 -0500

At 10:57 AM 9/25/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>So the image quality at 3200 is pretty much the
>same as 1000 or 1600?  I don't expect grain-free images, but if they look like
>they've been sandblasted or if they are overwhelmed by harsh contrasts or
>something, I wouldn't be entirely pleased.

It depends on how good you are at processing, or at finding a good lab. I
can send you a few pictures email if you want (and I can find them) of
things I've done with P3200. Grain I find is quite good at 3200 (and better
than TMax 400 pushed to 3200 in terms of shadow detail), acceptable and
6400 and considering the circumstances, tolerable at 12,800.

The main thing is to minimize wet time. Processing at 85 degrees F helps.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Photography is like a foreign language. Listen to the material. - John Sexton