Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Plaubel Makina 67W
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 19:14:49 -0700

>Wow, life is easy sometimes. Half a day after you express your hardware
>dreams, the thing more or less exists and is available online.... But
>I'll have to see one some day and fondle it a bit before I decide what's
>really right for me. At a few hundred bucks I might make a wide gesture
>like "well, yeah... gimme one of those", and then check out what it
>really is that I bought. With $2,000 I have to excercise some more
>restraint.

I know what you mean. Actually, if you were willing to drop to a 6x4.5
format, the Fuji 645W is available for a lot less money and has a
similarly excellent lens. 45mm lens. It's not a folder but it's only
barely thicker than the standare 645 folder is when folded up. Last one I
saw at a swap meet was asking price around $550/650 in mint shape. I've
often though that would be a great "poor man's" SuperWide...

Godfrey