Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Leica created book!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:47:36 -0700

Hello Eric,
It isn't until one comes down to a crunching time that you find out who
your  friends are. And my son you rank up there pretty high with the good
folks!

Thank you so much for the plug! So very much appreciated I can't tell you
how much it made my weekend.  I was so fearful that I'd get buckets of shit
dumped on me for trying to sell something that wasn't Leica gear, I damn
near didn't post.

But you, Harrison, Paul and Simon sure made up for the fears with the kind
and generous comments. The folks on the LUG, most of them, have no idea the
commitment that goes into a project of this kind.

Not to mention they'd probably die, to learn that the publisher owed me
$40,000 in collected royalties and before they paid me, put themselves into
receivership!  I never collected a penny for my ten year personal project!

The books I now have to sell, I had to buy from the receiver! Kind of
ironical.  Not only did I do all the photography over a ten year period, I
had to buy the remaining copies to try and make some of the expenses back.
What the hell!

The next one is in the hands of a very competent agent who will make sure I
don't get ripped off again.

There has been a favourable response of orders, much to you lads pumping it
for me. And I thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart.

Kindest regards,
ted