Subject: Re: [Leica] on Hawk Hill (long)
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:32:45 -0700

Doug,

Thanks for a great report of an amazing sight.  I was completely unaware of
such a place even though I live less than 10 miles, in Mill Valley at the
foot of Mt. Tamalpais.  My wife has been to the one in Pennsylvania numerous
times, and that's where she got a bug for Swarovsky binocs.  No, we haven't
yet bought one, but I'd doubt that she would complain if her Christmas
present has a big red dot on it.

Being in recovery from a nasty flu from which I suffered earlier this week,
we made it a relaxing day of driving to Marshall on Tomales Bay, to go to an
oyster farm, where my wife and I gorged on three dozen oysters, and still
wanted more.  Then, went to Limatour Beach in Point Reys to let our 20 month
old son, Ansel, to roam around.  He got very wet, so he was without clothing
half of the time, but it was surprisingly warm.

Leaves have started turning in most parts of Marin County now.  Japanese
maple trees just down the street from my home are turning red, and poison
oak that is very common in the area is now very easy to spot.

Looking forward to be meeting you and other BALUG members in October or
November.