Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo Macro stability/Tripod
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:14:56 +0100

Bill Christensen wrote:

> Yes, I use the plates from Really Right Stuff.  Although Kirk plates are
> nicely made, RRS plates are superior in quality and in design IMHO.
>
> One caution, according to my understanding, RRS only makes a plate for the
> R8 with the much hoped for motor or winder.  It does not have a plate for
> the R8 only.  For that, Kirk should be able to help you.

Bill,

For the R8 without any winder or motor, there is the RRS' B26 (video) plate.
- -Page 28 in the Late 1999 Really Right Stuff catalogue.
- -Picture of the B26, page 18 top right.
It work perfectly well with the R8, because there is a video like attachment
on it.
The second hole next to the tripod thread.
It work well with the APO 100/2,8.

The B26 is also great with the Leica Bellows-R BR2. (same attachment).

By the way, there is no RRS plate (yet) for the R8 + the new  motor.
The RRS' B44 is only for the R8 + winder, but without battery pack.

Lucien